10th Ed 2021
The Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne Paediatric Handbook is a trusted guide to managing common and serious childhood illnesses and disorders. This bestselling resource provides students and practitioners across medical, nursing, and allied health fields with authoritative and up-to-date information on a comprehensive range of paediatric topics, enabling readers to make the appropriate decisions at the point of care.
Now in its tenth edition, the Handbook features clear illustrations and evidence-based diagnostic and management algorithms throughout, covering resuscitation and medical emergencies, prescribing and therapeutics, medicine, surgery, procedures, and much more.
Edited by Dr Kate Harding and Dr Daniel S. Mason, with editorial oversight provided by Associate Professor Daryl Efron, the tenth edition lives up to the tradition of excellence established by its predecessors. It has retained its pragmatic and sharp focus, and has been brought up to date in many areas, and expanded particularly in relation to clinical conditions often managed in community settings. Although it began its life as a ‘Resident Medical Officers’ Handbook’, the Paediatric Handbook is an essential resource for all clinicians involved in the care of children and adolescents.
- Contains accessible summaries of common and serious paediatric illnesses and disorders
- Aligns with latest clinical practice guidelines
- Features numerous full-colour photos, illustrations, diagrams, and clinical images
- Provides practical guidance on professional ethics and communication in paediatric consultations
- Includes updated information on refugee health and trans and gender diverse health
Editors, Dr Kate Harding and Dr Daniel S. Mason with oversight by Associate Professor Daryl Efron.
All proceeds go to The Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne.